The LGBT Religious Archives Network is seeking a part-time Audio -Visual Manager to oversee the audio-visual technical services for an ecumenical historical conference in the fall of 2017. This conference will serve as a “reunion” for 200 early LGBT Christian activists and empower them in preserving their valuable papers, artifacts and stories and will also be a unique forum for dialogue between current, younger LGBT Christian leaders and the early activists who pioneered this movement. The audio-visual services needed include providing sound reinforcement for conference proceedings as needed, but primarily involve video recording all program presentations as well as individual/group interviews with participants through the conference.
For more information about the event, visit the conference website at: http://rollingthestoneaway.org/
The Audio-Visual Manager will work under the supervision of the Conference Coordinator and with a 13-member Ecumenical Planning Team to:
- Determine the type and quantity of A-V equipment required for the conference;
- Develop a plan to acquire needed equipment from the conference venue or an outside vendor;
- Train and oversee volunteers who will carry out videorecording at the conference; and
- Plan for editing and preparing videorecordings to be preserved and made available online following the conference
This is a part-time, contract position that is fully funded. Compensation will be provided through invoicing for hours worked as agreed with supervisor. No other compensation or benefits will be provided. The Audio-Visual Manager will provide own work space and equipment at their chosen location.
- A minimum of five years of managing audio-visual equipment and services;
- Proven track record in designing and managing audio-visual services for conferences;
- Experience in developing productive and motivational working relationships with volunteers; and
- Experience in and understanding of LGBT Christian networks.
LGBT-RAN prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, gender identity, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition , sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status, height, weight or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Discrimination also includes a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Send resume with cover letter outlining relevant development experience and accomplishments by April 28, 2017 to: Mark Bowman at firstname.lastname@example.org