CLGS is partnering with PSR’s Theological Education for Leadership program to offer this new online course of study for pastors, religious professionals, lay leaders and anyone interested in deepening their knowledge on the topic.
Join us for up to six highly engaging, sensitive, and community-minded monthly online sessions bringing participants into direct conversation with seminary faculty, faith leaders, and each other.
Spring Online Courses:
- January: Gender, Sexuality & the Bible: Hebrew Scriptures with Rabbi David Dunn-Bauer
- February: Gender, Sexuality & the Bible: New Testament with Dr. Yii-Jan Lin
- March: Politics, Sexuality & the Bible with Bishop Yvette Flunder
- April: Capstone for Certificate Students with TEL faculty
Fall 2015 Sessions included:
- September: Reading the Bible for Liberation with Rev. Dr. Jay Johnson
- October: Human Sexuality with Schmian Evans
- November: Transgender Liberation with Rev. Dr. Justin Tanis
There are no educational or religious pre-requisites; just bring an open mind and desire to learn. Individual courses and the full certificate program are open to all, whether you plan to lead your congregation in study or simply ponder these issues at home over a cup of coffee.
For pastors and professionals who wish to engage, 1.6 CEUs are available for each course and 11.5 CEUs are awarded for the full certificate. This program does not grant academic credit.
You’ll Learn To:
- Think theologically about contemporary sexual practices and identities
- Acquire a respectful common language for discussion of gender, sexuality, and the Bible
- Interpret the Bible through a progressive lens
- Gain confidence in leading and participating in discussions of gender, sexuality, and the Bible
- Uncover relationships between race, class, and sexuality
For more information, visit the Theological Education for Leadership (TEL) website.